INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Solutions Architect. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
As a Solutions Architect, you will work with clients and internal teams to drive business development and support engineering delivery. You will lead design the scoping of technical solutions from client requirements. You will work closely with clients to conduct any technical discovery, architecture design, and API exploration needed to ensure project success. As a key technical client-facing team member, you will have to present solutions and articulate rationales and assumptions. In addition to technical client-facing communication, you will often work closely with several cross-functional teams in product and business development to arrive at optimal solutions and help deliver great products.
As our Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze and assess client requests to define the scope of work for product and engineering
- Break down complex (or vague) requirements into manageable, well isolated tasks
- Explore unknowns and propose sound solutions that will win in sales and delivery feasibility
- Identify risks and constraints for proposed solutions and ongoing projects
- Articulate decisions, rationales, and assumptions with both external clients and internal teams
- Determine best course of action on technical uncertainty, and include best guess of effort
- Estimate project effort for every department, and create optimal recommendations for cost and timeline
- Visualize component stacks, integration dependencies, and data flows with architecture diagrams
- Understand and define API specifications (Server-side and client-side)
- Invest in internal process improvement and tooling development
As our Solutions Architect, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- A highly technical background (i.e. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field)
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience shipping an iOS, Android, Web, or API project
- Experience creating various types of technical diagram with tools
- Experience or understanding of the Agile methodology
- You are comfortable with estimating tasks
- You are comfortable with uncertainty/unknowns and resourceful in researching information either via hands-on experimentation or exploration of documentation.
- You are paranoid about risks that can impact projects, and anticipatory worst-case planning comes like second nature to you.
- You can work autonomously, self-prioritizing and managing your time, switching between multiple projects and environments as required, to deliver high-priority items quickly.
- You have an impeccable attention to detail, while moving in a fast-paced environment.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below