Position: 1 year contract
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will act as the first point of contact for all visitors. This means that one of your most important tasks is providing an ‘A Game’ first impression. You will manage all front office administration tasks and support the office as well as its employees. Every day is a little different at our office. Though your core tasks will remain the same, it is vital that you possess the ability to wear many different hats.
You be responsible for the following:
- Greet, welcome and entertain visitors (Smiles are good. Laughter is better. Rapport is key.)
- Monitor and ensure the reception area is kept clean
- Tactfully handle phone calls, distribute mail etc.
- Clap upon entry and exit of client, visitors and staff alike
- Ensure that between our core hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm M-F someone is consistently at the reception desk. We can’t have wanderers
- Ensure documents are filed properly-both physically and digitally
- Order all office supplies and handle any on-demand requests
- Coordinate any maintenance, repair etc. with the property manager
- Manage petty cash and credit card expense reports
- Plan and book travel
Office Management Duties
- Be first to arrive: light up the office and set out breakfast, fill the coffee machine, restock juices in the boardroom etc.
- Monitor and replace office supplies as needed (including but not limited to food/beverages, office stationery, and operational supplies)
- Facilitate the sourcing, ordering, maintenance, warranty requests of hardware, office supplies, and other needs
- Organize employee activities, monthly birthday celebrations, frequent company social events
- Plan logistics behind team-building initiatives
- Manage the internal and external event bookings schedule, as well as facilitate event supplies, set up/take down
- Set up new hire desks
- Booking/Coordinating Meeting rooms
- Running Office Errands
- Being the overall “go to person”
Executive Assistant Duties
- Travel planning & concierge bookings
- Heavy appointment scheduling for executives
- Expense tracking
- Assisting other departments (such as HR), as needed
- Restaurant Reservations
- Running Errands
- 1+ year(s) working in an administrative function
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity, credibility, trust and support with staff
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Proven success at working independently, applying solid judgment, and solving problems as needed
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at Intersect is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below