Technical Business Analyst
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Technical Business Analyst. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun?
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more clients.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As our Technical Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze and assess client requests to define the scope of work for product and engineering
- Identify risks and constraints for proposed solutions and ongoing projects
- Review UI/UX designs, ensuring it meets customer requirements
- Create supporting technical documentation (matrices, sample calculations, field definitions, flow diagrams) where UI/UX designs and API definitions do not capture nuanced product requirements
- Write stories/tasks for development teams, capturing all product and design documentation
- Work with QA teams to align test cases to product and design requirements
- Determine best course of action on technical uncertainty, and include best guess of effort
- Identifies and leads problem resolution for complex requirements related issues at all levels
- Invest in internal process improvement and tooling development
- Assist Product Manager with development, update and tracking of project management processes and deliverables
- Estimate project effort for every department, and create optimal recommendations for cost and timeline
- Gain/acquire advanced understanding of business and user interaction with technology throughout project deliver
As our Technical Business Analyst, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks across multiple stakeholders.
- A highly technical background (i.e. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field)
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience across the entire SDLC, including working with clients, UI/UX, solution architects, developers and QA teams
- Ability to identify technical gaps in product requirements and UI/UX designs
- Understanding of front end design principles (Web, iOS and Android)
- Experience with API definitions, and their use in front end and back end systems
- Experience communicating product requirements and providing technical guidance to development teams
- Experience in QA testing is an asset
- Ability to breakdown and explain complex topics to project stakeholders in a clear and concise way
- Experience creating various types of technical diagram with tools
- Experience or understanding of the Agile methodology
- You are comfortable with estimating tasks
- You are comfortable with uncertainty/unknowns and resourceful in researching information either via hands-on experimentation or exploration of documentation.
- You are paranoid about risks that can impact projects, and anticipatory worst-case planning comes like second nature to you.
- You can work autonomously, self-prioritizing and managing your time, switching between multiple projects and environments as required, to deliver high-priority items quickly.
- You have an impeccable attention to detail, while moving in a fast-paced environment.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below