Senior Automation Developer
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Senior Automation Developer. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As a Senior Automation Developer, you will be interacting with development leads and product managers to understand project requirements and application architecture to define automation needs at various stages. You will be working as a subject matter expert for test automation and craft optimum automation solutions. You will also be educating the development team on effective testing while simultaneously interacting with product managers for automation effort estimates.
What you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing and proposing suitable automation tools according to project requirements
- Providing estimations to accurately architect and maintain the framework
- Building the framework and create documentation
- Providing consultation to dev team for unit testing and middle layer testing
- Defining key performance metrics for automated testing
- Providing training and guidance to dev and QA members for automation implementation
- Implementing CI/CD and parallel runs
- Performing code reviews for performance and making changes accordingly
- Performing code review for team members
- Managing the automation framework code for all team members
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science/Engineering program or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in automation with at least 3 years as an architect or senior automation member
- Experience designing and implementing various automation solutions for app testing for Web, Android and iOS leveraging some of following: Protector, Selenium, Appium, XCUIT, UFT, RestAssured, SOAPUI, Postman, CodedUI, Parasoft SOA, Jmeter, Load Runner etc.
- Good working knowledge of CI/CD pipeline with tools such as Jenkins and GIT
- Experience in version control software tools such as GIT, SVN, TFS for maintaining and creating new repositories, branching, merging and code review
- Good understanding of basic models of automation frameworks and architectural patterns
- Experience with automation of middle layer testing
- Working knowledge of development practices such as TDD, BDD, XP and developing testing solutions for these
- Good understanding of QA practices such as bug reporting, testing types sanity, regression, black box, integration etc
- Experienced with shell scripting and SSH
- Ability to learn complex products and testing methodologies quickly as well as troubleshoot issues quickly and creatively
- Strong written and verbal communications demonstrated through the creation of test plans, defect documentation, and summary presentations
- Great team player with excellent communication skills
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at Intersect is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below