Senior Product/Research Strategist
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Senior Product/Research Strategist. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As our Senior Product/Research Strategist you are responsible for crafting the vision and direction of solutions we build across industries for our clients. You do this by researching the industry, understanding the client, pulling insights from analytics, validating approach (with analytics, user testing etc) and aligning internal teams as well as the client with a strategy and North Star vision. You are hard working, ambitious, do well with ambiguity and an excellent storyteller.
As Senior Product/Research Strategist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead strategic approach and work with Strategy, Design, Product Management and Engineering teams internally and with the client to solve challenging problems
- Identify market trends, tech innovations, product personas, product vulnerabilities/user feedback and recommend a strategic approach based on this information
- Inform, influence, support, debate, and execute our product decisions
- Research and understand all facets of our clients’ businesses and own presenting insights back to the client
- Contribute to the building and maintaining of reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products & suggest future direction
- Apply strategic framing and storytelling to present all findings in a cohesive and compelling manner
- Gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches
- Assist in educating clients & provide best practice guidance for technical aspects of analytics
- Completing all your work with minimal/no guidance; as a senior you are expected to be comfortable making big decisions that will determine product direction
- Training and managing junior members of the team to ensure quality work and move them up into leading their own projects
As Senior Product/Research Strategist, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Business, Engineering, Computer Science or another related technology program
- Ability to work and keep up in an agile environment, learn and extract insights from research quickly, and have an innate curiosity
- Ability to pull insights together into a strong, compelling story that aligns stakeholders
- Have a strong opinion you can advocate for but is weakly held (comfortable with pivoting many times in a project)
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to individuals who are not technical
- Familiarity with analytical packages such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and/ or Omniture
- Understanding of or the passion to learn about technical aspects of web, mobile and digital strategy
- Ability to initiate and drive analytical dashboard implementations to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to work quickly and effectively under tight deadlines
- Experience with managing and training junior individuals effectively
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at Intersect is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below