Senior Solutions Architect (2 positions)
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Solutions Architect. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will work with clients and internal teams to drive business development and support engineering delivery. You will lead design the scoping of technical solutions from client requirements. You will work closely with clients to conduct any technical discovery, architecture design, and API exploration needed to ensure project success. As a key technical client-facing team member, you will have to present solutions and articulate rationales and assumptions. In addition to technical client-facing communication, you will often work closely with several cross-functional teams in product and business development to arrive at optimal solutions and help deliver great products.
As our Senior Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for the following:
- Demonstrate technical leadership and present initial estimation to facilitate pre-sales process
- Explore unknowns and propose sound solutions that will win in sales and delivery feasibility
- Breakdown high level features into well isolated epics for ballpark scoping
Discovery & Strategy
- Analyze and assess client requests to define detailed scope of work
- Present solutions that considers existing systems and constraints
- Articulate decisions, rationales, and assumptions with both external and internal teams
- Identify critical paths, risks, and constraints for proposed solutions and ongoing projects
- Visualize component stacks, integration dependencies, and data flows with diagrams
- Assist in feature roadmap by prioritizing technical requirements in accordance with business needs and vice versa
- Define API specifications
- Validate design for technical feasibility
- Break down complex or vague requirements into manageable tasks for development
- Be an effective bridge between business and technical teams
- At least 7 years of software development working experience
- At least 2 years of experience as technical lead or solutions architect
- Experience shipping an iOS, Android, Web, or API project
- Experience creating various types of technical diagram with tools
- Experience or understanding of the Agile methodology
- Comfortable with estimating tasks quickly
- Ability to work with uncertainty/unknowns and resourceful in researching information either via hands-on experimentation or exploration of documentation
- Paranoid about risks that can impact projects and anticipating worst-case planning is your second nature
- Can work autonomously with effective time management: context switching between multiple projects and environments as required
- You have an impeccable attention to detail, while moving in a fast-paced environment
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below