Technical Product Manager
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Technical Product Manager. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As a Technical Product Manager you will play a versatile role at the intersection of product and technology in order to define and help deliver great products. Being one of the most client-facing members of the team, you will frequently be working closely with clients in order to both understand requirements from a user and business perspective, but beyond that - the technical dependencies, limitations and complexities that may present themselves in the current and future landscape. With this input and through close collaboration with cross functional internal teams, you will produce product stories that define the product functionality in an empathetic, user-considerate but technically responsible manner. Finally, you will support the team throughout the engineering lifecycle, clarifying and managing requirements and technical dependencies, ultimately leading to successful delivery of the final product.
As our Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Breaking down high-level scope requirements into clear, cohesive, well-defined product stories complete with happy/unhappy path behaviour, information regarding technical dependencies, acceptance criteria and any necessary supporting documentation
- Frequently liaising with multiple technical and non-technical client stakeholders and team members in order to collect requirements, constraints, define product behaviour and validate product stories
- Collaborating with the Product Design team to ensure the product designs accurately reflect requirements and consider technical implications / complexity
- Reviewing API specifications and other technical dependencies to ensure technical feasibility
- Working with Product Managers and clients to groom, prioritize and manage the backlog in order to deliver great products on-time, on-budget
- Managing requirements change, create estimates and assessing overall scope and delivery impact
- Working with the Strategy and Business Development teams to proactively identifying new opportunities and directions for existing projects / clients
- Investing in internal process improvement and tooling development
As our Technical Product Manager, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- A technical background (i.e. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field)
- 3-5 years of professional experience, during which you have been involved in shipping a technical product
- Strong experience and knowledge of the Agile methodology
- You understand how to identify product value and balance it against technical complexity to effectively make product decisions
- You are a versatile communicator and are able to recognize your audience and explain technical and product concepts in a succinct, understandable manner
- You possess broad technical knowledge with an understanding of technical design patterns and API design
- You can work autonomously, self-prioritizing and managing your time to ensure delivery of high-priority items are delivered as so
- You have an impeccable attention to detail, while moving in a fast-paced environment
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!