INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Back End Engineer. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun?
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
As a DevOps Engineer you will join a team which intersects with all aspects of our business. You will endeavor to build and maintain internal tools aimed at automating business processes to improve security, compliance, and efficiencies for the company at large. Ideal candidates will have experience with local and remote administration of Linux and macOS, source control management systems such as git, familiarity with Docker, and be comfortable in at least one programming language.
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining and extending existing internal toolchains to achieve reliable development, testing, and delivery of applications and infrastructure conforming to our software development process
- Working with Operations and Engineering teams to build and maintain templated infrastructure and application stacks deployed on bare metal servers as well as cloud environments on Amazon and Google. Working with Developers and Solutions Architect teams incorporating automated build, testing, and reporting processes following an Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Support teams in troubleshooting and resolving outages, interruptions, and performance issues across multiple environments at scale
- Automating repetitive tasks with common command-line tools (e.g. sed, awk) and programming languages (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, Golang)
- At least 1 year experience as a Linux administrator or similar
- Experience with a common shell and SSH is a must
- Comfortable automating tasks in least one programming language
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with at least one version control system, preferably git
- Experience with automated testing is beneficial
- Experience with building automated pipelines (build, test, deploy) is beneficial
- Strong desire to learn and improve in all things
- Involvement in projects or open source tools you may have authored. If you have played around with any fun, interesting, or crazy programming languages, we want to know!
- Strong connection to the Toronto tech community through meetups, projects, etc
- Interest in art, music, games, literature, etc. We love passionate people!
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at Intersect is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!