Senior UX Designer
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Senior UX Designer. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As our Senior UX Designer at INTERSECT you will be the creative user experience force that promotes and advocates for the user through effective design solutions across mobile and web apps. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to take complex business requirements, personas, and product features and communicate those solutions visually through sketches, user flows, wireframes, and functional prototypes as necessary.
Reporting to the VP of Design, you will be responsible for leading user experience execution, fighting for the end user and quality control. You will be collaborating closely with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, Copywriters, Product Strategists, and Engineers.
As our Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Advocating for the user experience
- Communicating the rationale behind design strategies, decisions, and ideas
- Generating sketches, user flows, wireframes, and functional prototypes
- Strong understanding of the relationship throughout the project of UX deliverables, atomic design principles, systems design, Product Stories
- Contributing to product definition and features
- Advocating for accessibility, usability, and inclusive design within the organization
- On-going communication with the Product, Strategy and Research Team Leads to infuse user-centric design solutions with strategic objectives
- Working with stakeholders to ensure goals and needs are met within design
- Presenting proposed solutions to external stakeholders and internal teams
- Collaborating with mobile and web application developers, SAs and BAs to ensure successful development and API integration
- Support UI Designers as needed
- Working within project schedules and multi-tasking like a boss to meet deadlines
- Monitoring deliverables against timelines
- Ensuring day-to-day deliverables are met
- Mentoring UX/UI designers on process and user-centric design best practices
As our Senior UX Designer you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- 1+ years of UX design experience on large-scale systems or business-oriented platforms
- Excellent understanding of best practices for UX as well as current design trends in technology
- Experience creating sitemaps, wireframes, user interface mockups, and prototypes
- Experience with OmniGraffle, Sketch, InVision, Abstract and Zeplin
- Strong portfolio of mobile and responsive web apps
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve problems in creative ways
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything matters
- Experience in client facing roles
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Awareness of best practices for accessibility (WCAG 2.0 AA) across native and responsive apps
- Experience working alongside Agile development and design teams
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Want to learn more?https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!