Back End Engineer (Java) (2 positions)
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking two Back End Engineers. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
As our Back End Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design, implement, and launch critical product features in a fast paced environment.
- Architect and design solutions to challenging infrastructure and third party API constraints.
- Working with a multidisciplinary team to understand system / application requirements and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Independently, and as part of a team, develop software solutions that meets system needs and perform efficiently and as designed.
- Capable of performing a range of programming functions while applying technical best practices.
- Unit testing and program debugging.
- Willingness to explore new technologies, learn new concepts and share ideas with others.
As our Back End Engineer, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience / training.
- At least 3+ years experience in building large-scale applications and infrastructure.
- Experience with API development is essential.
- Experience with distributed computing is highly beneficial.
- Experience with containerization and microservices is highly beneficial.
- Strong proficiency with Java.
- Experience with Spring Boot framework is highly beneficial.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Knowledge of database theory; familiarity with both relational and non-relational databases such as Postgres and Mongo.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git or TFS.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum environments is beneficial.
- Data architecture and external data integration experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge of software deployment patterns is required.
- Experience with Test Driven Development is beneficial.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Experience with Unit Testing, Integration Testing and End to End Testing.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at Intersect is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below