Software Engineer in Test
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking an Engineer In Test. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
What you will be responsible for:
- Plan, design and build automation tests both graphical user testing and API testing for mobile and web products
- Analysis of results, documenting and communicating test results to team Leads
- Contribute to test cases and coordinate bug fixes
- Participate in and support quality engineering and reliability testing activities related to ongoing product improvement and new product development
- Participate in manual testing and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain existing documents and update the documents in timely manner
- Contribute to test cases and coordinate all bug fixes
What we are looking for:
- An understanding of the product lifecycle and QA methodologies
- Solid knowledge of a variety of testing methodologies and technologies (i.e. Regression, Load/Stress, Black/White box testing, Acceptance, Performance etc.)
- Strong familiarity with Android and iOS hardware, operating systems, and testing environments
- Experience in using more at least one automation testing frameworks for both web and mobile such as Robot, Calabash, Appium, Selenium, Testdroid etc..
- Expertise with the nuances of cross-platform testing on mobile
- Strong familiarity with web development and multi-browser support for web development
- Strong familiarity with web security development practices
- Strong familiarity with mobile security development practices
- Strong familiarity with web accessibility best practices
- Passionate about quality
- Excellent problem solving/investigational skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills and emphasis on accuracy
- Has interpersonal skills to deal effectively with others in team situations
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet project deadlines, while maintaining high quality
- Knowledge with Selenium, XCUITest and Espresso
- Knowledge with Agile SDLC a bonus
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at Intersect is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below