Contract Web Interface Engineer
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Contract Web Interface Engineer. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As our Contract Web Interface Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Your parents would put it on the fridge and tell all your relatives about it
- Unit testing
- CSS (for a world with many different shapes and sizes of screens)
- HTML (accessible for everybody in the world to view)
- Contributing to the planning and estimation of projects from an understanding of the project needs and objectives, through to developing a strategy that will ensure the optimal technical solution
- Participating in sprint planning and sprint reviews on a weekly basis (charting out the path upcoming, and reviewing how the last stretch went)
- Interacting with APIs and participating in the planning of API development
- Working with DevOps to ensure the best development tools and build processes are being used
- Working with QA to ensure that high quality software is being shipped
- Assisting with the creation of technical flow charts and any other planning documentation required to ensure successful product development
- Dealing with the anticipation of knowing hundreds of thousands of people are interacting with an interface that you assembled
The following skills / experiences / traits are indicators of success for this role:
- Demonstrable experience shipping products (things you have had a hand in building that you can point to on the Internet or an app store)
- Education in Computer Science or a related field
- A position, strategy, and perspective when it comes to Responsive Design, or whatever you want to call the process of building interfaces that may appear on a variety of different types of screens
- Experience with HTML and CSS preprocessors (Any of Jade / Haml / Sass / SCSS / LESS)
- Experience utilizing Design Patterns (MVC)
- You are not entirely surprised with what the result in the browser is after you write some HTML and CSS
- Experienced with distributed version control systems (GIT, Mercurial)
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below