Senior Product Designer
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Senior Product Designer. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As our Senior Product Designer, you will drive the creative process for innovative and effective design solutions for mobile and web apps. It's your role to understand complex business requirements, personas and product features to produce wireframes, As our Senior Product Designer you will be the creative force behind innovative and effective design solutions for mobile and web apps. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to take complex business requirements, personas, and product features and transform them into seamless wireframes, beautiful user interface mockups, awe-inducing prototypes, and sexy style guides.
Reporting to the VP of Design, you will be responsible for leading design execution, quality control, and fighting for the end user. You will be collaborating closely with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, Copywriters, Product Strategists, and Engineers.
You’ll also be in charge of:
- Contributing to product definition and features
- Working closely with the Product Team to infuse designs with strategic objectives
- Generating user interfaces, prototypes, mockups, style guides and component guides
- Creating mockups for mobile, tablet (iOS and Android) and responsive web
- Incorporating brand guidelines when required
- Working with stakeholders to ensure goals and needs are met within design
- Collaborating with mobile and web application developers to ensure successful development
- Presenting proposed solutions to external stakeholders and internal teams
- Working within project schedules and multi-tasking like a boss to meet deadlines
- On-going communication with the Product Team Lead
- Monitoring deliverables against timelines
- Ensuring day-to-day deliverables are met
- Advocating for the user experience
Experience-wise, this is what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of work experience as an Interface Designer / UX Designer
- Experience managing client relationships
- Experience with Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
- Strong portfolio of mobile and responsive web apps
- Excellent understanding of best practices for UX as well as current design trends in technology
- Awareness of best practices for accessibility (WCAG 2.0 AA) across native and responsive apps
- Strong understanding of atomic design principles and systems design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for design
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent understanding of composition, colour, imagery, and typography
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below