Contract Android Developer
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking an Android Engineer. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As our Android Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing high quality, UX rich mobile applications for Android
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to understand system/application requirements and recommend appropriate solutions; including Designers, Backend Developers, and QA Analysts
- Working independently, and as part of a team, to develop software solutions that meet client’s needs and perform efficiently and as designed
- Optimizing applications for performance and memory usage
- Consistently delivering high-quality output
- Tracking and planning project progress through a Project Management System (Pivotal Tracker)
- Keeping up with the latest trends in the mobile industry
- Experience in full life cycle development of mobile applications in Android.
- Experience in Object oriented programming and should have been using languages like Java
- Experience working with Android SDK.
- Experience in developing mobile applications and libraries for various Android platforms including latest OS versions
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
As our Android Engineer, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Two years practical experience developing natively in Android
- Desire and ability to learn new mobile platforms
- Experience with Android Studio and XCode IDE’s
- High degree of knowledge with Social API’s, especially Facebook
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- A willingness to share experience with others
- A passion for code quality and adherence to standards
- Experience working with a version control system, especially GIT
- Excellent communications skills
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application UX
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below