Director, Product Management
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Director of Product Management. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
A day at INTERSECT is never the same.
As our Director, Product Management you will work with senior client-facing leadership focused on exceeding all expectations and developing long term and prosperous client relationships. Passion, enthusiasm, obsession with details and the ability to work (and play) in a team are all musts.
As Director, Product Management, you will be responsible for the following:
- Become a strategic partner to all colleagues and clients
- To grasp an understanding of technology that will allow you to identify opportunities and position and sell technology to our existing client base as well as potential clients
- Understand and keep up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends and innovative solutions being implemented across the industry
- To be proactive in identifying challenges in project work
- To be proactive in identifying client challenges
- Project Planning (including facilitation of meetings between clients & colleagues, todo's, milestones and providing required information and resources)
- Collect, understand and communicate the client’s business requirements to the creative and development teams
- Set client expectations / maintain communication with clients
- Identifying billing and working with CFO & VP of Product Management to ensure billing completed
- Setting developer expectations
- Work with VP of Product Management & Product Managers to allocate resources and ensure smooth project flow
- Manage, mentor, and support Product Managers
- Prepare and advise on the creation of RFP’s & RFI’s
- To be proactive in discovering client needs and business opportunities
- To be an ambassador for INTERSECT and our clients both at work and out-of-work
As Director, Product Management, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- You understand business and marketing but despise traditional approaches to them
- You are well versed in the pros and cons in the HTML5 vs native debate.
- You couldn't live without the apps on your smartphone.
- Tech news fills your life. Be it Wired, Tech Crunch, Fast Company, Mashable or Reddit you get motivated by how quickly the world moves and inspired by everything that happens in it on a daily basis.
- You believe that horses are beautiful and majestic animals.
- You blog about tech, business, marketing, start-ups or all of it already.
- You come up with an app idea a day, but also quickly realize why most of them are bad ideas.
- You take pride in the beauty of your powerpoint slides, the complexity of your excel docs and the detail of your schedules.
- You realize you have a lot to offer, but also a lot to learn and will ensure that both are maximized every day.
- If you won the lottery tomorrow you would still apply for this job.
- You have 6+ years of relevant industry experience and are looking to make your mark on this world.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT INTERSECT
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below