Software Engineer, Internal Solutions (2 positions)
INTERSECT is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Tooling Engineer. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun?
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Corelogic. We work with Fortune 100 clients looking to create the future of their business, well-funded start-ups, and many more.
As a Software Engineer, Internal Solutions, you will be tasked with improving the efficiency of the company by building and maintaining custom software and services to be used by various internal teams While our delivery teams ship products for our clients, you will build products for the delivery teams. With your help, our teams will move faster, be happier, and operate more efficiently.
In this role, you will get to work with different technologies and integrate with various software. You will also keep an eye out for bottlenecks in different areas of the organization and suggest improvements that will increase efficiency. The ability to influence and shape the success of the business will be your main objective.
The world may not see your work, but we will, and as a result, you will receive high fives every time you enter/exit the office!
As our Software Engineer, Internal Solutions, you will be responsible for the following:
- Create new tools as required by the organization
- Maintain and support existing tools (new features and bug fixes)
- Assist in vetting new tooling proposals
- Write and review code (with tests)
- Assist in the design and solutioning of new internal tools
- Ensure documentation is up to date for all internal tools
- Help evolve and document the tooling department’s process
As our Software Engineer, Internal Solutions, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience / training
- 4 years experience in production application support at a SaaS company/startup or similar
- Experience scripting in at least one unix shell, ie bash
- Comfortable working within a Linux operating system
- Experience with version control system ex. GIT
- Familiarity with containerization technologies ex. Docker
- Ability to write modular, testable code
- Good communication skills, as you will interact with multiple internal stakeholders
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Worked with Kubernetes (actually wrote service, and deployment files)
- You like to build bots in your free time!
We’re big believers that the main benefits of working at INTERSECT is the fact that you will find yourself surrounded by incredible and intelligent people working on challenging problems, but we of course deliver the expected benefits and beyond including:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, paid Mat & Pat leave, an energy pod for naps, and standing desks for those who opt-in to them, healthy snacks, and an environment that cares about your wellbeing.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns, and a relaxed office environment. Show up and be your wonderful self.
Catered lunches every Wednesday, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, breakfast food, and Beer O’clock.
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, and welcome new hires.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.weareintersect.com/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.weareintersect.com/360-office-tour/
INTERSECT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below